Our website located at http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx(“Website”) is owned and operated by XXXXXXX and its affiliates or agents (collectively referred to as “XXXXX”, “we”, “our” or “us”). This Statement explains our policies and practices with respect to personal data in operating the Website.
(a) Information you give us: We may collect certain information about you (such as your name, job title and e-mail address) when you use this Website or our services, attend our functions, or otherwise in your interaction and communications with us.
(b) Information we collect about you:
i. With regard to each of your visits to this Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address (a unique identifier for your computer or other access device used to connect your computer to the Internet), your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Location (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from this Website (including data and time); products and services you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
ii. We collect information and maintain a database about Albania and overseas companies. In the process, we also collect personal information about individual contact persons of the companies or their employees.
(c) Together the information you give us as described above in paragraph 1(a) and any personal data we collect about you as described above in paragraph 1(b), are hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”.
(d) You can choose not to give or make your Personal Information available to us. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information, or allow us to collect it, we may be unable to provide you with certain information or services (such as our newsletters) or you may be unable to access certain parts of this Website.
(e) We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for the purposes set out below.
Use of Personal Information
The purposes for which your Personal Information may be used by us in and outside Albania include:
• our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research, troubleshooting, testing, auditing, statistical and survey purposes;
• distribution of XXXXX publications and research materials relating to our services and products (and those of our business partners who operate in the telecommunications sector);
• improving this Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to keep this Website safe and secure;
• complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong including complying with any guidelines, directives or orders given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self- regulatory or industry bodies in or outside Hong Kong;
• legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts;
• direct marketing purposes as set out below.
Use of Personal Information for Direct Marketing
We also intend to use your Personal Information to conduct direct marketing activities and provide you with marketing materials relating to our (or our affiliates’, subsidiaries and/or representatives’) telecommunications products and services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication. We are not allowed to use or provide your Personal Information to any third party for direct marketing purposes without your written consent. By providing your Personal Information to us via the Website, you consent to receive marketing materials from us, our representatives or our authorized third party providers in accordance with this paragraph 3.
Transfer of your Personal Information
We will keep your Personal Information we hold confidential but may provide it to the following for the above mentioned purposes and as set out below:
• our affiliates, subsidiaries and/or representative offices; and
• persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Albania.
• We cannot control how third parties use information.
(a) Your visit to this Website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the Website and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this Website. Cookies can make a website more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular sites, enabling website owners to provide more useful features for their users.
(b) The information collected by "cookies" is anonymous aggregated research data, and contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, e-mail or any other means.
(c) Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or inform you when they are set. Cookies are necessary for some features of the Website to work, e.g., to maintain continuity during a session. If they are not accepted, those features may not work properly.
(d) We use an email delivery company to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixels tags and cookies are used in those emails and at our Website to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our web site.
We implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect. Personal Information stored electronically is password-protected and we use encryption technology on our Website. Our computer systems are placed in restricted areas. We only permit authorized employees and agents to access personal data.
Links to third party websites
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience. Our privacy policies do not apply to other websites that are not controlled by us. Please refer to the privacy policies of such other websites.
Changes to this Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time. When we do, the changes will be posted on www.chinatelecomglobal.com.
We will hold your data on our servers in Hong Kong. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 4 above, who may be located elsewhere.
If there is any conflict between the Chinese and English versions of this Statement, the English version prevails in the event of such conflict.
Your consent and rights
• check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
• know about our policies and practices relating to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
(b) By using or visiting our Website or any of our products and services, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information and other activities as outlined in this Statement. If you:
• do not consent to the use of your Personal Information as outlined in this Statement;
• do not consent to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes as set out in paragraph 3 above; and/or
• would like to request access to or correct your data, to cease communications or send any questions or complaints, please contact
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.